Welcome to www.calisbooks.com (“Site” or “Website”).
This website is owned and operated by Cali’s Books LLC from the United States. Throughout the Site, the terms “we”, “us”, “platform”, “Cali’s Books” and “our” refer to Cali’s Books LLC. We offer this website, including all information, tools, and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies, and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/or when purchasing something from us, you (“User” or “Customer”) engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
- Cali’s Books – General Information
- Cali’s Books sells musical and sound books and several other products for children across the world. To find out more information about what we do, please refer to our website.
- The pictures of the products (and packaging) on our website are for illustrative purposes only. We work to ensure that colors are displayed accurately but we can’t guarantee that a device’s display of the colors exactly reflects those of our products.
- Sole discretion. We reserve the right to add/discontinue any product or service anytime at our sole discretion.
The purchase of products through Cali’s Books is strictly limited to parties who can lawfully enter into and form contracts on the Internet. If you are under age 18, you may only use the Services with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. Please be sure your parent or legal guardian has reviewed and discussed these Terms with you.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. Once you have placed your order on the Site, you will receive an email acknowledging the details of your order. This email is not an acceptance of your order. Acceptance of your order will be perfected upon completion of the packing of your order unless you cancel your order. We may also refuse to process and therefore accept a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party because of our withdrawing any product from the Site or refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun. Additional terms apply for orders placed for delivery outside the United States of America, c.f. Schedule 1.
Our Site accepts all major payment methods which include:
- Visa (credit and debit cards)
- MasterCard (credit and debit cards)
- American Express
- Any other payment method displayed on our Site.
We reserve the right to add or change our payment methods at sole discretion anytime.
- Pricing Policy
Prices shown on the Site are in US Dollars. Sometimes we need to make changes to the price of some of our products. When this happens, we’ll update the prices on our website. If you had placed your order for a product before the price change, the price will be as stated on our website at the time when you had placed your order.
- General Terms
- All items are delivered via Media Mail and genearally take 2-8 business days to arrive at your address. If you are buying products during promotional periods, it may take a little longer for our products to be delivered to you.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If delivery of the products to you is delayed by an event outside our control (e.g. because of postal/courier delays, logistics or bad weather), we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
- All Customers must pay the delivery fee. We may offer free delivery during a promotion or offer a code at our discretion.
- Customers can earn points through a our rewards program and redeem them for prizes such as free batteries, credit towards other purchases, stickers, etc. at our sole discretion.
- We may offer freebies to customers such as free music or coloring books if they provide their email address or fulfill the specified tasks on the Site to get rewards.
- Permitted use
You agree to use the Site and the Services only for purposes that are permitted by these Terms and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions. You may only use the Site and Services for your non-commercial, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, and limited personal use, and no other purposes.
You will not (and will not attempt to):
- Access any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Cali’s Books;
- Gain unauthorised access to Cali’s Books’s computer system or engage in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality or security of the Site, the Services, Cali’s Books’s networks, and computer systems;
- Access any of the Site or the Services through any automated means or with any automated features or devices (including use of scripts or web crawlers);
- Access or collect any personally identifiable information, including any names, email addresses or other such information for any purpose, including, without limitation, commercial purposes;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, or resell any aspect of the Site or the Services for any purpose; and
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell any products or services bearing any trademark, service mark, trade name, logo or service mark owned by Cali’s Books in a way that is likely or intended to confuse the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
Refunds & Returns
- All Cali’s Books products come with a One year warranty.
- We offer a half-price replacement policy for any returns provided they give us a proof of purchase and shall receive a 50% discount.
- To review our Refund and Warranty policy, please refer to https://www.calisbooks.com/pages/information
- We reserve the right to reject a refund/return request at our sole discretion.
- Limited License and Site Access; Acceptable Use
You may not: (a) resell or make any commercial use of this Site or any of the contents of this Site; (b) modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or convert any of the contents of this Site not intended to be so read; (c) copy, imitate, mirror, reproduce, distribute, publish, download, display, perform, post or transmit any of the contents of this Site in any form or by any means; or (d) use any data mining, bots, spiders, automated tools or similar data gathering and extraction methods on the contents of the Site or to collect any information from the Site or any other user of the Site.
You use this Site at your own risk. You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of this Site and all of your communication and activity on this Site. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you engaged in prohibited activities, were not respectful of other users, or otherwise violated the Terms and Conditions, we may deny you access to this Site on a temporary or permanent basis and any decision to do so is final.
- Accounts, Registrations, and Passwords
If you use this Site and such use requires setting up an account and/or password(s), you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password(s) and for restricting access to your computer. If you open an account, register, or otherwise provide us with any information, you agree to provide us with current, complete, and accurate information as requested by any forms. Cali’s Books is not responsible for any errors or delays in responding to any inquiry or request caused by any outdated or incorrect information provided by you or any technical problems beyond the control of Cali’s Books. You acknowledge and agree that any login, identifier, or password issued in connection with this Site (each a "Password") is confidential information and must be kept secure. You may not disclose such a Password to another person or entity or permit another entity to access the Site using such a Password. You must notify Cali’s Books immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Cali’s Books cannot be responsible and disclaims all liability in connection with, the use of any information that you post or display on this Site.
- Intellectual Property Rights
Your use of the Site and its contents grants no rights to you concerning any copyright, designs, and trademarks and all other intellectual property and material rights mentioned, displayed, or relating to the Content (defined below) on the Site. All Content, including third party trademarks, designs, and related intellectual property rights mentioned or displayed on this Site, are protected by national intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized reproduction, redistribution or other use of the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. You may use the Content only with our prior written and express authorization. To inquire about obtaining authorization to use the Content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the intellectual property rights mentioned above, "Content" is defined as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio, or text on the Site.
- Monitoring Activity
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Cali’s Books expects all users to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Cali’s Books may remove material that appears in its sole discretion to infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and we will terminate the access rights of any repeat infringer. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify us at email@example.com. The notification must include the following information: physical or electronic signature of the owner or authorized agent of the owner of the allegedly infringed work; identification of the allegedly infringed work; identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and reasonably sufficient information for Cali’s Books to locate the material; contact information of the notifying party, such as an address, telephone number, and email; a statement that the notifying party has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the owner of the allegedly infringed work, its agent or the law; and a statement, under penalty of perjury that the information in the notification is accurate and the notifying party is the owner or authorized agent of the allegedly infringed work.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CALI’S BOOKS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY (A) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE AS TO THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE, OR PRODUCTS CONTAINED THEREIN, OR THE RESULTS OBTAINED BY THEIR USE OR AS TO THE PERFORMANCE THEREOF, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENTS THEREIN AND COMPONENTS THEREOF ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Limitation of Liability
You agree that in no event shall Cali’s Books be liable to you, or any third party, for any lost profits, incidental, consequential, punitive, special, or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the Site or the Terms and Conditions, even if advised as to the possibility of such damages, regardless of whether the claim for such damages is based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of your use of or reliance on the Content; (ii) the transmission of any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or the like which may infect your equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment; (iii) unauthorized access to or use of the Site or Cali’s Books' secure servers and/or any personal information and/or financial information stored therein; or (iv) theft, operator errors, strikes or other labor problems or any force majeure.
You agree to indemnify and hold Cali’s Books and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from and against any suit, action, claim, demand, penalty or loss, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by or resulting from any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, breach of the Terms and Conditions or the materials it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law, regulation, order or other legal mandates, or the rights of a third party.
- Dispute Resolution & Governing Laws
In the event of a dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms or any contract between you and us, then you agree to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the US courts in the State where Calis Books LLC is based in.
If you use or engage with the website and are under 13 years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the website, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s applicable law to use and/or engage with the website.
- Privacy & Cookies
We reserve the right to update and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will know if these Terms and Conditions have been revised since your last visit to the website by referring to the "Effective Date of Current Policy" date at the top of this page. Your use of our Site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as amended or revised by us from time to time, and you should, therefore, review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
- Electronic Communications
When you visit the Site or send us e-mails, you are communicating with us electronically. In so doing, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication is in writing.
If any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms or conditions.
We shall be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract our rights and obligations under these terms without your consent or any notice to you. You shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and obligations under this agreement.
- Force Majeure
Cali’s Books is not liable for any delays caused by circumstances beyond Cali’s Books’s control, e.g. general labor dispute, extreme weather, acts of war, fire, lightning, terrorist attacks, changed governmental orders, technical problems, defects in power- /tele-/computer communications or other communication and defects or delays in the service by sub-suppliers due to circumstances set forth above. Such circumstances shall result in relief from damages and other measures. If any such situation should arise, Cali’s Books shall inform the Customer accordingly both at the beginning and the end of the period for the current situation. If the situation has lasted for more than two months, both the Customer and Cali’s Books are entitled to terminate the purchase with immediate effect.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions set forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and Cali’s Books concerning the subject matter herein and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written concerning the Site. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. You may not assign the Terms and Conditions, or assign, transfer or sublicense your rights therein. A failure to act concerning a breach by you or others does not waive Cali’s Books's right to act concerning subsequent or similar breaches.
- Term and Termination
This agreement becomes effective the date that you first access the Site and remains effective until it is terminated consistent with its terms. Violations of this agreement may result in the immediate termination of this agreement and denials or terminations of your access to the Site. Such restrictions may be temporary or permanent. Upon termination, your right to use this Site shall be revoked. All disclaimers, limitations of liability, indemnities, and rights of ownership and licenses to Cali’s Books shall survive any termination.
- Contact Us
For any questions, complaints, and queries or to report any violations, kindly send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule 1. Terms of Service
1. You are shopping on a merchant’s website (the “Merchant”).
2. If you place a Qualifying Customer Order, the Product(s) that you are purchasing will be sold first by the Merchant to Passport Global Inc (“Passport”), and then by Passport to you under these Terms and Conditions. Your payment information, shipping address, and any additional information required or requested to complete your order will be shared directly with Passport and its nominated agents and contractors, in order to enable Passport to complete your Qualifying Customer Order.
3. Your Qualifying Customer Order is subject to: (1) these Terms and Conditions; and (2) any relevant terms and conditions imposed by the Merchant. By completing your purchase, you confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by all of these. By placing a Qualifying Customer Order on the Merchant’s website, you understand and agree that:
3.1 You are dealing with and providing your information to Passport. Passport may contact you about your order.
3.2 If there is an error in the price listed for a Product on the Merchant’s website, or in the price applied to the product during the sale of and processing of your order for the Product, Passport and its nominated agents are entitled to contact you, correct the price, and/or cancel your order.
3.3 The Merchant remains responsible for handling payment for your order.
3.4 Once your payment is processed, ownership in the items will shift from Passport, to you.
3.5 Certain addresses will be ineligible for shipment, such as PO box addresses.
3.6 Passport may refuse service, refuse to process or complete Qualifying Customer Orders, remove or edit content, or cancel such orders for any reason or for no reason, in its sole discretion.
3.7 If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, approval of your parent or guardian is required to complete your purchase.
3.8 You authorise Passport and its nominated agents and contractors to perform any of the following activities in connection with the delivery of any Products: (i) to act as your agent to make and file customs declarations and all related actions as your direct representative, which expressly includes completing any documents, amending product or Harmonised System codes, and paying any duties, taxes or penalties required under applicable laws and regulations; (ii) to act as forwarding agent for customs import and export control purposes solely for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry; and (iii) to redirect an order to your customs broker or other address upon request by any person whom Passport’s nominated agents and contractors believe in its reasonable opinion to be authorised.
4. Currency. You may select your preferred payment method and currency from a list of options available at the time of checkout. Please note that the relative value of currencies may vary, and as a result, the actual purchase price for items in your order may vary based on the currency selected.
5. Billing. If you use a payment card or other electronic form of payment as your payment type, the charges to your account for your order will be subject to the Merchant’s terms and conditions.
6. Shipping. Items in your order may be shipped via a single shipment, or via multiple shipments. If items in your Qualifying Customer Order are shipped via multiple shipments, or if your order is only partially filled and shipped, you will only be charged for those items that are actually shipped to you.
7. Chargebacks, Fraud Prevention and Void Transactions. For your protection, Passport may use various fraud prevention protocols and policies, and industry-standard verification systems, to reduce fraud and minimize chargeback risks. You must comply with such protocols and policies, including card authentication, and “ship to” and “bill to” address verification. Once an order is placed, you may not change any authenticated payment information or any verified “ship to”/“bill to” address. If there is a systemic error which results in the processing or acceptance of a transaction for which authorisation has been declined, that transaction will be void.
8. Customer Service and Returns. Questions or complaints about your order should be directed to the Merchant in the first instance. Passport may work with the Merchant as necessary to resolve your issue. The Merchant is authorised to allow for returns or refunds on orders in accordance with the Merchant’s policy, including to reimburse you for the original sales prices of Products returned to the Merchant’s nominated address. Passport may however refuse any return requested if a restriction applies to the item for which the return is requested. You accept that your sole remedies are against the Merchant. Where a return by the Customer is authorised by Passport or the Merchant, Passport shall also have the right to return the item to Merchant and accordingly the Merchant shall issue a credit note to Passport and Passport shall provide a credit note to the Customer, and Passport’s direction, ownership and risk in the Products for return shall pass directly to the Merchant. Where a return is authorised by Passport or the Merchant, the Merchant shall, at Passport’s direction and acting in its name, provide a credit note to the Customer to the extent of the value of the Product(s) authorised to be returned directly to the Merchant. In relation to any return of Products to the Merchant, you authorise Passport and its nominated agents to act on your behalf, and to recover for its own account, any import duties and taxes. If required, you will sign any such document that is reasonably required to facilitate the return of the Products and the recovery of any import duties and taxes.
9. General Terms. The following general terms apply whenever you place a Qualifying Customer Order through the Merchant’s website:
9.1 Compliance with Applicable Laws. You certify that any Products purchased through a Qualifying Customer Order will not be imported, exported, sold, or transferred in violation of any applicable laws, including without limitation the United States Export Administration Regulations or applicable United States sanctions and embargoes administered by the United States Treasury Department, and equivalent statutes, regulations and codes of England and Wales or the EU. It is your responsibility to know the laws of the country into which you are importing any Products that you order from the Merchant’s website. By placing a Qualifying Customer Order you certify that the import of the Products you have ordered to the country of the shipping address you have provided does not violate any laws or regulations of that country.
9.3 Electronic Communications. When you place a Qualifying Customer Order through the Merchant’s website, you are communicating with Passport electronically, and you consent to entering into this agreement by electronic means, and to receive communications from Passport electronically/via email.
9.4 Modifications. You acknowledge that Passport may make changes to its system, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Passport will ensure that the current version of these Terms and Conditions is presented every time you make a Qualifying Customer Order on the Merchant’s website. You are responsible for reviewing these Terms and Conditions each time you make a Qualifying Customer Order. If you do not agree to any change in the Terms and Conditions, you must not complete your order. Any order placed after the effective date of a change will constitute your agreement to the change and to the current Terms and Conditions .
9.5 Severability. If any or any portion of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term or portion of terms will be severed, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms.
9.6 Proceedings. Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions must be brought in the courts of California, United States, and you hereby irrevocably agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of California, United States for all such purposes.
9.7 Language. The parties have agreed and expressly requested that this agreement and all documents related to it be drawn up in English.
9.8 Definitions. “Member State”, “third country” and “third territories” as defined in Article 5 of Council Directive 2006/12/EEC. “Products” means those goods offered for sale via the Merchant’s website which are not of a class or description subject to any duty of excise whether or not those goods are in fact chargeable with that duty, and whether or not that duty has been paid on those goods, or prohibited or restricted goods were they to be imported into the UK, and which are not subject to any restrictions on export, sale, or transfer in violation of any Applicable Laws. “Product Prices” means the prices including VAT at the appropriate rate of the Products as held out for sale to Customer by the Merchant and accordingly, by Passport to Customer; and “Product Price” means the price of an individual Product. “Qualifying Customer Order” meets all of the following conditions:
(A) It is an order for Product or Products placed via the Merchant’s website which are to be transported from:
- a third country or territory, excluding Northern Ireland (“NI”), to an address in a Member State of the EU (e.g. USA to France);
- a third country or territory, excluding the UK, or from a Member State of the EU to an address in Great Britain (e.g. Germany to England); or
- a third country or territory, excluding NI, to an address in NI (e.g. USA to NI); and
(B) In relation to the transport of a Product or Products to an address:
- in Great Britain or NI, the total intrinsic value of the Product or Products comprising that order does not exceed £135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds Sterling, or where Products comprising an order exceed that sum but are sent in separate consignments, the intrinsic value of each consignment of which the Product or Products form part does not exceed £135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds Sterling; and
- in a Member State of the EU, the total intrinsic value of the Product or Products comprising that order does not exceed €150 (one hundred and fifty) Euros, or where Products comprising an order exceed that sum but are sent in separate consignments, the intrinsic value of each consignment of which the Product or Products form part does not exceed €150 (one hundred and fifty) Euros.